Coordinator of the only National Children’s Hotline in Ukraine, the work of which is ensured by the NGO “La Strada-Ukraine”. For more than 9 years she has been working with children and adolescents who have faced difficult situations in their lives: who became victims of violence or abuse, discrimination, who have conflict situations in the family, at school with peers and teachers, have psychological problems (loneliness), suffer from insecurity, anxiety, self-harm or suicidal ideation).
Alyona counsels and communicates with adolescents every day at the National Children’s Hotline, as well as holds various preventive activities (both online and offline) to teach adolescents to cope with various difficulties and make their lives happier and more joyful.
Her life credo is “If you want to succeed, keep believing in yourself and your strengths, even when no one believes in you anymore”.
– Apparently, there are few people who could live without the Internet. The Internet has simply become an integral part of many people’s lives, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. We use Internet technologies to study, learn about the world, order food, communicate with family, friends, our loved ones. However, in addition to many benefits, Internet technologies and social media in particular can entail many risks and disadvantages.
How to avoid getting into trouble when communicating online? What to do when your loved one or a person you like starts having intimate correspondence? What pictures can be posted on social networks? How to react to hatred? How to make your stay in the virtual world safe and positive? You will be able to learn about all this and even more at the session “Rules of online relationship security. A few words about cyberbullying and sexting” on September 16, 18.30.
– Join the session “Safe relationship” on September 15 at 17.30 and you will have a chance to:
- Learn about the symptoms and actions of your loved one in your relationship that can cause negative consequences in the future;
- Learn how to distinguish between care and psychological violence;
- Be able to analyze your own relationships and see if they have the “first signals” of danger and negativity;
- Understand who you are in your relationship with your loved one.
- Learn how to make your relationship safe for yourself and your partner